Merville United wish to hold a cardiac screening clinic in Merville Community Centre on September 29th.
We are encouraging players, coaches, members and perhaps the local community to register for this worthwhile & comprehensive health
The clinic will be open from
9:30am-5pm. Each screening will take approx. 20 minutes.
Bookings can be made online.
1. Go to https://www.ameds.ie.
2. Click on the ‘Online Booking’
3. Enter the clinic code 'merville'
We are encouraging players, coaches, members and perhaps the local
community to register for this worthwhile & comprehensive health
Why undergo a Cardiac Screening?
• Up to 100 young people die each year in Ireland from
Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS)
• 1 in 300 people may have a cardiac abnormality
• The national register recently reported that the
incidents of SADS are higher in Ireland than many other European
• In Italy cardiac screening is mandatory for anyone aged
12 to 35 years involved in competitive sport for the past 25 years.
They have reduced the incidents of SADS by 89%.
• The GAA’s Medical Scientific and Welfare Committee and
the International Rugby Board recommend cardiac screening for all
players over the age of 14 years
• The European Society of Cardiology & the International
Olympic Committee recommends cardiac screening.
• The AMS service is based on the recommendations of the
above named organisations.